When you come to The Wine Making Place Ltd., you will find the exact variety to meet your unique taste. We are proud to offer over 40 different varieties. Many of the white wines listed below will be familiar to you. Some of the European names may be new to you. We have listed the associated wine variety in parentheses where applicable.
The descriptions below are based on information from our major supplier – RJ Spagnols.
• Australian Style Chardonnay - Classic, full-bodied wine boasting a golden hue and dominant flavours of tropical fruits, peach and pear. Its clean, crisp and buttery bouquet tantalizes the palate.
• Bella Bianco - Extraordinarily rich, buttery aromas and flavours are balanced by lush, tropical fruit and full oak character. This is available only in the Connoisseur range.
• Bordailles Blanc (White Bordeaux) - A dry, medium-bodied French-style wine with citrus
and herbal notes and medium oak.
• Bourgeron Blanc (White Burgundy) - Crisp and elegant. Aromas of apple and pear are layered with buttery notes and a long, dry finish.
• California White - This crisp, light and refreshing blend captures the casual mood of a picnic or summer barbecue.
• California Sauvignon Blanc - Delicately light in colour, this refreshing dry white wine captures a bouquet of peach and apricot blended together with spicy cloves. A montage of delicious citrus notes accompanies its green herbal flavours. A unique wine that ages well.
• Chamblaise (Chablis) - A flavourful blend of Chenin Blanc & French Colombard, this easy-drinking wine is soft with a fruity aroma.
• Chardonnay - Our version of this classic is clean and crisp with rich toasted oak flavours and a hint of apples and pears.
• Chardonnay/Semillon - A delicious, buttery textured wine with hints of honey and oak.
• Chenin Blanc - Refreshingly crisp and dry with subtle floral notes and a hint of fruit and honey.
• Chilean Sauvignon Blanc - Intense aromas of honeydew melon and pears entice the nose while zesty flavours of grapefruits and herbs grace the palate. Pale straw in colour, this full-bodied dry wine is a Chilean Classic. This wine is available only from the World Tour Premium Wines list.
• European Style Riesling - This clean, crisp dry wine is slightly fruity with flavourful hints of peach, apricot and pineapple. Its floral aroma and bouquet of honey provides a nice balance of fresh fruit and crisp acidity.
• French Colombard - A light, dry, floral wine with subtle notes of honey and fruit.
• French Viognier - Dry and full-bodied with a powerful, rich and complex aroma of ripe apricots, orange blossoms and tropical fruit flavours. Deep gold in colour. Best consumed young. This wine is available only from the Platinum Cru Select list.
• Fume Blanc - This smoky white marries Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon, producing a dry, lightly oaked wine with a soft herbal bouquet.
• German Riesling Auslese - Medium straw in colour, presenting perfume-like aromas of citrus fruits, honey and ripe pears. Intensely flavourful, this medium-bodied wine has an off-dry feel to complement the luscious flavours of green apples, peaches and tropical fruits. This wine is available only from the Connoisseur (Harvest Collection) list.
• Gewurztraminer - Typically aromatic and rich with the character of tropical fruit, this wine is the perfect match for spicy foods.
• Ice Wine Style - A richly sweet dessert wine with a luscious, apricot-peach aroma and smooth honey and fruit flavour.
• Italian Barolo Bianco - Straw in colour, this refreshing Italian classic presents expressive aromas of spiced honey and almonds. This lush and full-bodied wine treats the palate to a mélange of flavours reminiscent of freshly picked peaches and pears. Deliciously dry and fruity on the finish, this white wine is guaranteed to be a favourite all year round. This wine is available only from the Connoisseur (Harvest Collection) List.
• Italian Style Pinot Grigio - Also known as Pinot Gris. A medium-bodied, lighter coloured wine with delicate floral notes. Dry and flavourful with tropical overtones of green apple, melon and citrus lead to a crisp, clean finish - soft and fruity, yet assertive and dry. A bouquet of honey and mint completes this unique experience. This is available from the Connoisseur (Harvest Collection) and World Tour Premium Wines lists.
• Johannisberg Riesling - Germany's finest grape: Dry, fruity and well balanced with hints of peach and apricot.
• Liebfraumilch - Delicately dry and slightly fruity - makes a refreshing aperitif and table wine.
• Musette (Mosel/Moselle) - An aromatic
German-style wine that is soft and spicy.
• New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc - Crisp and light with intense flavours of grapefruit peel and freshly cut grass with an accent of light oak on the finish. The wine represents soft hues with a slight tinge of green. This wine is available only from the Platinum Cru Select list.
• Niersteiner - A soft, crisp, dry white wine with just a hint of fruit. This light-bodied wine is perfect with light meals.
• Piesporter - A light, round wine with the soft honey and fruit flavours of Johannisberg Riesling.
• Riesling Traminer - The fresh, crisp flavours of Riesling combined with the exotic spiciness of Gewurztraminer produce a dry, full wine with immense character and a round, well-balanced finish. This is only available from the Platinum Cru Select list.
• Ruisseau Blanc (Pouilly-Fuisse) - Made from Chardonnay, this subtle medium-bodied wine features a clean flavour and crisp finish.
• Sauvignon Blanc - This white is known for its grassy, herbal aromas and green fruit character - a fine dry, refreshing wine.
• Verdicchio - A delicate aromatic wine with a clean crisp flavour with a hint of fruit and almonds.
• Vidal Ice Wine Style - This nectar is full of peach and tropical fruit with a perfectly balanced honey-like sweetness. This is available only in the Connoisseur range.
• Washington Riesling - This classic, dry Riesling offers generous aromas of citrus fruits and blossoms up front. Rich flavours of grapefruit with floral undertones follow to give it a focused, crisp finish. Straw in colour, this medium-bodied wine lingers attractively in the mouth. This wine is available only in the World Tour Premium Wines list.
• White Zinfandel - This blush wine is light with a delicate pink hue, strawberry aroma and soft, slightly fruity taste.